Cyril currently serves as CoNGO (The Conference of Non-Governmental Organizations in Consultative Relationship with the United Nations) First Vice President (2018-2021) and was its President (2011-2018).
Cyril's roles in international Civil Society have included:
- International Secretary, World University Service
- Executive Director, International Council of Voluntary Agencies
- Director, International Schools Association
- President of the World Civil Society Conference
- President of the International Civil Society Forum for Democracy
- Chair, World Child Strategy, NGO Committee on UNICEF
- Chair, Environment Liaison Centre International
- President, Union of International Associations
Cyril has participated in a large number of United Nations World Conferences and Summits, including Food (Rome), HABITAT (Vancouver and Istanbul), Environment and Development (Rio), Women (Nairobi), Nutrition (Rome), Social Development (Copenhagen), Sustainable Development (Johannesburg and Rio), World Summit on the Information Society (Geneva).
Cyril has been engaged in NGO and civil society liaison and advocacy mechanisms with many United Nations agencies and entities, inter alia ECOSOC, ESCAP, HLPF, UNDP, UNDPI UNEP, UNESCO, UNHCHR, UNHCR, WSIS Forum. Cyril participates regularly in many annual or recurring UN Commissions and Sessions. Cyril has been for six years a Visiting Professor at Kyung Hee University, Seoul. He is a member, inter alia, of the Academic Council on the UN System, CIVICUS, the International Baby Food Action Network, the Nightingale Initiative for Global Health.
Cyril is based in Geneva, and has visited 90 countries.....